BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

Midnight on 31st Dec 2009 saw Simon & I toasting the new year with our good friends David & Roz Clarkson. Just a nice quiet glass of bubbly and some nibbles in the park near our home. The Sydney fireworks were spectacular as always. This NY more so than any other I was acutely aware at how quickly the year passes and resolved to take more time for meditation and not get caught up in activities that aren't productive. On New Years Eve I started a button bag. As every crafter knows once you start collecting it's difficult to stop, as my partner Simon will attest to. When he saw my completed button bag he commented that it was quite large and expressed concern that if the button collecting became an obsession like my fabric and craft magazine collection he may very well have to buy me a bigger home to house all of my stash. Oh well I can't complain at that suggestion.

I think my next project which I'll start tonight will be a cross stitch sampler. I also have some quilt projects that are in various degrees of completion so I must finish those off this month. I do love starting new projects. I loved the button bag because it was quick to complete and I was able to use fabrics and supplies from my stash. That was something else I resolved to do this year was use more of my stash instead of buying new fabrics. Although I can't promise anything. I'm a sucker when it comes to fabric. What's a girl to do???

Another project I finished just in time for Christmas was this lovely wall hanging which I've made for my daughter Kelly. It's been a project which I started 2 Christmas' ago and vowed to finish it this time round. The little girl and boy had gold thread for their hair and the tree had little light bulb buttons. It was very cute and I was quite pleased with the finished product. As Kelly is currently living in WA working in the mines and doesn't have a place to hang it, I was able to have it hanging on our wall for Christmas. Hopefully next year she'll be in a place of her own to enjoy decorating.
I've been very blessed this year. As in my previous blog, I was able to travel to Europe and visit my birthplace in England with my Mother and daughter. And also visit some wonderful countries and experience their culture and cuisines. My work is going well with the accounting practice that I look after. We're a niche accounting firm which looks after many well known artists. I'm surrounded by beautiful artwork in my offices and I'm constantly amazed at the new ways these artists use different media in their work. You'll see some of my favorite artists on my blog. Have a look. We have some amazing talent here in Australia.
Must be off now to start another new project. I'll let you know how it's going in my next blog.
Bye for now.
Paulette xx

0 comments: